A dear friend of mine who blogs over at Courtney Faith recently tagged me in a “homemaker tag” post where tagged stay-at-home mom bloggers answer twenty questions and then tag two more friends when they’re done (read her answers here).
This will be my very first Q&A on the blog so I’m looking forward to it!
1. Have you ever had anyone say anything negative to you about staying at home or working from home? Not really, actually. Anyone who knew me before getting married/having kids knew this is what I wanted to do, so no one was surprised. I do get a lot of comments on “how young I am to be married with two kids”. Well, alrighty then. Ha!
2. What are your favorite and least favorite parts of staying home? My absolutely favorite thing is knowing that I am doing God’s will in my life. Being a Titus 2 woman is very important to me…obviously, it’s the mandate to Christian women. But I love being home with my babies. My least favorite? How isolating it can be…and sometimes overwhelming by the amount of work that it entails. Y’all…the Lord gives grace.
3. What are your favorite and least favorite chores? My favorite chore currently is washing the dishes/cleaning the kitchen. I put on a good podcast during naptime and get to work!! My least favorite by far is folding & putting away laundry. Like, how does it multiple on the couch? Ahem. And the bathroom? Yeah, mobile home bathrooms are 1,000x harder to clean than normal ones. Not even kidding.
4. What time do you wake up/go to bed? Currently I have a baby that nurses 1-5 times in the night and we’re sleeping on a blow-up mattress in the living room (long story…tell you later) so my sleep is not the greatest. Luke & I both have lots of online/paperwork to do, and it seems to get done later & later in the evenings, so we’ve been going to bed around 10:30 or 11pm. I wake up between 6:30 (if Silas wakes up then to nurse), or 7 when Luke is walking out the door. The boys don’t get up until 8:15/8:30, so I have an hr to an hr and a half for quick online work, a workout, my devotions, a shower and tidying.
5. Do you put anything on in the background while you clean/cook/etc.? If the boys are asleep, I do a podcast (or 3!), but if they’re awake, Caleb’s usually helping me and he’s a chatter box. The boys keep the background noise rather loud themselves. Ha!
6. Do you get dressed most days or stay in your PJs? I get dressed. It may just be jeans & a tee, but I always shower and get dressed. Make-up? Not always, but I’m working on that for my husband! ❤
7. How often do you do your hair and makeup? Besides Sunday? Occasionally. Ha! I’m trying to do it more often, though. And since getting glasses, I’ve been working on keeping my hair back but down since I look like a librarian with it up! Lol.
8. What is your “trouble zone” or area in your home that needs the most help? …we just need more space! Nothing is really “junked up” or unoragnized. Just crammed because of the tight quarters. But it’s getting better since adapting to a more minimalist lifestyle the beginning of the year. Over 25 large boxes have been donated this year and the mindless spending has been cut down on a ton!
9. How often do you find yourself getting distracted? Lots…all the time.
10. Do you enjoy staying home or do you miss going to a job everyday? Since I do work from home…I get the joy of that along with staying home. But I don’t miss working for an employer. At all.
11. What is your “never ending” chore? I said it earlier…but laundry. Seriously. It multiplies once it’s washed before it’s folded in our household.
12. What is your favorite way to relax or have “me time”? I try to go to the gym 2-3 times a week at night after the boys go to sleep…but that can be hard. I also try to read a couple chapters in a book with some coffee a few afternoons a week if I get caught up with chores & work. And soaks….ahhhh, my weekly soaks rejuvenate me.
13. How often does your husband chip in? He handles outside stuff, I handle the inside stuff. He’ll help put the food away after supper, but that’s usually because I’m nursing the baby. He always makes breakfast and has recently taken over making supper one night a week, so that’s been a blessing!
14. If you have children, when do you find time to do chores? Caleb helps with a LOT of it, but dishes and “getting caught up” gets done during naptime.
15. How do you balance being a homemaker and creating blog content? Lately…not very well. After Silas was born, my poor blog was put on the back burner, but I’m slowly getting back to it and I’m so excited!
16. What is your favorite room in your home and why? Does our backyard count? Lol. Well, we have one living area and then the bedrooms. The kitchen/living room is definitely my favorite in our little home and I love it. It’s where we live and enjoy life with each other!
17. What is your least favorite room in your home and why? …the bathroom. Only because I hate cleaning it.
18. Do you feel that your home reflects your personal style? Why or why not? Yes, but my style is evolving into a more mature/simple look I feel like. We’re currently working on building our forever home soon, so I’m looking forward to starting fresh in a few years!
19. What does your home smell like? Essential oils. And baked goods a couple days a week!
20. What are your strong points and weak points when it comes to homemaking? This is the toughest one for me. lol. Like said earlier…this is what I always wanted to do, so I prepared for it. Honestly, keeping up with the changes of seasons of my growing little boys are harder for me than homemaking. So I would say just being flexible and showing grace when I don’t do things perfectly is my weak point.
If you made it this far, thanks so much for reading! Now I’ll tag my friends at Surviving Toddlerhood and Joyful Adorations, in case they want to have a turn at this fun questionnaire.
One thought on “Q & A Post: A Homemaker Tag”